Thursday, 18 February 2016

XIU: Canadian ETF

XIU , iShares S&P/TSX 60 index, is a Canadian ETF holding 60 large Canadian companies.
It is getting traded in Toronto Stock exchange. So, we can buy it with Canadian dollar.
My point is if the 60 largest companies in Canada are not making money, who will make money?
The main holdings in this index are Royal bank, TD bank, Scotia Bank, Bell Canada etc. All are my dream companies to own.
The main sectors in XIU are finacial sector, Energy sector and the material sector.
The last distribution according to the website is $0.15 per share, in December 2015.
Management expense ratio is 0.18%, which is very low. So, I would like to own it in my TFSA and RRSP.
When I buy it, I am going to do the DRIP too.
Another ETF to do some research on is XIC, which is for a later post.
Before investing money on XIU, do your own research and see is it good for your investment strategies. I am not a financial expert, you know that right


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think of my post.I will do every effort to reply to your comment and to visit your blog. Thanks for caring and sharing