Sunday, 24 April 2016

Quick and Easy DIY body wash

In the previous post I was talking about the making my own body wash out of necessity. 
As promised, here is the update:
I placed one bar of Ivory soap (3.1 once) in 3 times water(ie. 12 ounce).
since it was just not melted completely on the second day either, I took out the soap and cut into small chunks. Then returned it to the same water in the ziplock bag. I squished the ziplock bag with my hands many times during the day. By Friday, it was fully dissolved and thick.

The dissolved soap is enough to fill an empty body wash container. The container says 400ml on the outside. So I guess, I made 400 ml of body wash from one bar of soap. It is very thick, so a little more water will not do any harm. 
Good thing about the project is I am using up what I have. The added advantage is no new spending on body wash till this one finishes. 

By the way, I placed an order for castile soap on Amazon. I want to try making some cleaning products at home.

Do you make your own cleaning products? Which websites you visit to get recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think of my post.I will do every effort to reply to your comment and to visit your blog. Thanks for caring and sharing