Wednesday, 6 April 2016

The Cable Story

We have the same company for cable, phone and internet for the last 5 years. We love to have high speed internet. Then, there is a land phone and cable. 
Yes, of all the things, we still have a land phone. I kept it because, hubby's cell phone was paid by his employer when he was working. Now, he is out of work, we can't have that. Since the number is same for over a decade, this is our main number for family and friends. Now, hubbs bought a new phone. But, I still need to keep the phone for some more time.

Yes, back to cable. The company gives us some discount for keeping three products. We have the basic channels. Nothing fancy. Reading the Early Retirement Extreme and Mr.Money Mustache, I got convinced it is better to cut cable. 

We were closely watching our TV viewing habits for a month. We check thelocal channel and ABC in the morning, when we make breakfast. Then in the evening may about an hour, will watch something like TVO or news channel.

Since TV is not giving a lot of fun, it is a good idea to get rid of the cable and saving $39/month. At least that is what I thought. But the service provider don't think that way.

When I called, they told me, they cannot give me the same amount of data if I cut the cable. Then they offered me a savings of $20, if I keep the cable(Total $135 and before it was $$155). If I get rid off cable I will be paying $7 more for internet and phone together(Total $142). They don't tell me why. 

My bargaining powers may be not enough. In the end, I am having the cable service and $20/month savings. 

What you think of this? Do you have any similar experience? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think of my post.I will do every effort to reply to your comment and to visit your blog. Thanks for caring and sharing