Saturday, 18 June 2016

Keeping summer expenses down

Summer is usually short in Canada. Good weekends are happy times. That makes people go out and spend more.

I am not an exception. summer time we usually tend to spend on impulse. Usually impulse spending are on  water or ice-cream. It can be on sandals, summer clothes....the list can go on. Not to mention the spending on driving.

This year, I am planning to spend my weekends on parks. I usually carry water with us. But, still I tend to indulge the occasional ice-cream. So, this year, I am not keeping this cold sweet treat at home.  That will reduce my sugar intake.

The good thing about reducing the sugar intake is consuming less calories. That can improve my chances of changing the weight and there by helping me to keep the current wardrobe. Remember, changing in size means new set of work clothes and more expenses.

Walking as much as possible is also on the list of summer activities. I am also on the look out for opportunities to reduce the number of things I own. Summer is the best time to donate used items to thrift stores.

*Part of Financially Savvy Saturdays on brokeGIRLrich, A Disease Called Debt and Femme Frugality*









No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think of my post.I will do every effort to reply to your comment and to visit your blog. Thanks for caring and sharing