Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Good news for Personal Financing

I use CIBC Investors Edge for my DIY TFSA and RRSP. Usually they charge $6.99 per transactions. There is no free trading for ETF either. So, I was very careful to buy more number of shares to reduce the percentage of my purchasing expense.
But, comparing to Scotia iTrade, it is very low. So, I chose to use the CIBC for my DIY experiments. I cannot say that I am very good in choosing the shares or ETF. DIY personal finance has a big learning curve. That is why I like the passive investment strategies.

With passive investment ideas, i am not checking my accounts very often. I use that time to read and learn more. That is why i was late to know about the 25 days of free ETF trading at the CIBC platform.

But, hey, better late than never, right? So, I used the opportunity to buy one ETF, I really mean just one unit, with my left over money in the account. That really felt good. otherwise, that money was going to sit there, till I can add more new money to the account.

Do you think of commission when making your personal financial decisions? I would like to know what you are doing to reduce the investment expenses.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think of my post.I will do every effort to reply to your comment and to visit your blog. Thanks for caring and sharing