Friday, 7 October 2016

Making bread

Fresh baked bread are so divine, don't you agree with me?
But, making bread at home? I tried it with some recipes on internet. It needed a lot of kneading, and time to rise .
So, to bake bread, I need to plan. Most of the time, I don't like to plan for cooking. I don't want to stay at home for hours to make a loaf of bread.
So, bread machine is a good choice. Yes, they are just very easy to use and comes with recipe book usually.
The one recently bought can be used to make jams and cakes too. The dough option is there, in case I wanted to make pizza...

The problem I found is the bread machine recipes in the book all asked for bread machine flour. I have a 10 lb bag of all purpose bag sitting in the pantry, un-opened. I don't want to go and buy the bread machine flour  now.
Yes, Mr.Google has solutions for me. Add wheat gluton. Brilliant idea, right? But, I still have to go to the store and buy it.
 So, I decided to just substitute all-purpose flour to bread flour, cup for cup. After all, I might be losing some flour right?
Wait a minute... check for a recipe for white bread and voila! I got one from internet. Since my booklet of recipes says Canadian flour has more protein, I added 1 table spoon of water extra for each cup of flour.
I used the basic cycle, and finished in 3 hours. The bread turned out really well. It was soft and tasty.
I am going to try substituting all purpose flour to bread flour cup for cup in some of the recipes in the booklet. Will update about the bread machine soon.

Previously on Pellrides: September Passive income

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think of my post.I will do every effort to reply to your comment and to visit your blog. Thanks for caring and sharing