Saturday, 15 October 2016

Making some pasta sauce

Hi Visitor,

Nice to see you again.
So, what is happening in the frugal, saving and investing world of yours?
The weather is cold. The central heating of the condo is not turned on yet. So to keep myself warm, decided to cook something.

This time it is Pasta sauce. There are fresh tomatoes in the pantry. Then of course, I have onions and garlic. 

It was easy to make. Just a small batch. Enough for two days, I think.

Here is the recipe:

2-3 onions chopped.
3 meaty tomatoes chopped
2-3 garlic chopped
Oil of your choice (I used canola oil)




Heat the oil. Stir fry the onions to make them really translucent. Then add the garlic and stir for 2 more minutes. It will give a nice fragrant. Now add the tomatoes. Reduce the heat and simmer. If you have any herbs like basil or thyme add to the pan. Add salt and a teaspoon of sugar. Cook to the desired thickness. 

I think, I can experiment more with this sauce by adding grated carrots or zucchini. May be I can try meatballs in it? 

Thinking, if I get time to cook, I can stop buying the pasta sauce from store. Less cans to the recycle bin : that will be nice!

Share your ideas on being frugal and saving money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think of my post.I will do every effort to reply to your comment and to visit your blog. Thanks for caring and sharing