Thursday, 13 October 2016

Pumpkins on Sale

Hello visitor, 

It is October.Getting cooler. 
What is in plenty? I see a lot of pumpkins. 
I love the pumpkins. And, they are on sale now.
Buy them when they are available, right? But, what to do with them other than making pies and soups???

If I buy more than we needed for a week how can it be kept in the fridge? 

First of all, I don't want to make pie. The pie pumpkin we got on sale is very tempting. 
So, as an experiment, I cut it in small manageable size. Then removed the skin using my knife. It is hard skin. Then cubed and microwaved in a bowl wrapped in plastic wrap. It was in microwave on high for 12 minutes. 
When it cooled a bit, mashed it with some salt and curry powder. (it is very sweet, so spiciness of curry powder seems good).
 It was so yummy! I ate it with bread. 

2 comments:

  1. We are not so keen on pumpkins here in the UK. There only purpose seems to be for the kids to make lanterns at Halloween. However, I did once have a stab at making pumpkin pie with the contents - it was probably the worst thing I ever tasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many different varieties of pumpkin. The lantern pumpkins are not good to cook. Butternut squash and pie pumpkins are good for cooking.

      Delete

Love to know what you think of my post.I will do every effort to reply to your comment and to visit your blog. Thanks for caring and sharing