Friday, 14 October 2016

Stocking Freezer: Beetroots

Hi visitor,
How things are with you? 
We are on a mission to buy the veggies when they are cheap and to stock up the freezer. (Guess all frugal people do that)

No, I don't have a chest freezer. The veggies are going to be in the freezer that comes with the fridge. 

Now couple of weeks ago, beetroots were on sale in 10 pound bags. I got one bag. I should have picked 2 bags, because, the week after, there was nothing to see. 
Beetroots are easy to prepare for the freezer.
I just washed them up and boiled them on stove top. Once they are cooked, wait for them to cool down. The skin will come of easily . You can do it with your hands. Then just slice the way you wanted them for your future dishes. I love them roasted. So, mine were cubes and wedges. I popped them in ziplock bags and kept in the freezer. 
I have seen picked beets on the store. May be next time when they are on sale I should try that. 
Oh and the water I boiled them: can be used to dye your white fabrics. I tried once, and it gave a pale pink. 

What do you do with a big bag of beetroots?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think of my post.I will do every effort to reply to your comment and to visit your blog. Thanks for caring and sharing