Sunday, 14 May 2017

Happy Mother's Day: Frugal way

Dear visitor,
Thanks for dropping by.
I spent some time with hubby: doing grocery shopping, exactly.
we went to the Foody World in Scarborough. He shops there mostly every week and I skip the trip. Saturday, I decided to tag along. It was really fun.

Since we were there early, it was not busy yet. Most workers are Asians. Some  veggies are bit cheaper than Walmart and other shops. Bananas were more expensive than Walmart though.
They have a garden section too. I bought 4 chilly plants and 4 eggplants for $3.40 including tax.

They are still not replanted to the pots. We bought two plastic container from Walmart, especially for those plants. 
The dinner on Saturday was made at home: baked potatoes, cucumber - tomato salad with pickled peppers and olives, and beef burgers (got on sale). There was some Ontario red wine to go with it.  Having home cooked good meal with family: what is more satisfying than that?
So, me the mother is happy with the good food, and plans for container gardening. 
How you celebrate mother's day? The frugal way or the expensive way? Did you bought flowers/spa treatments etc? 
Hope, you will share your stories with me. 
Have fun with your mom or with your kids.



2 comments:

  1. We went out to eat! I wanted flowers but ended up with roses from my Dad! So sweet! We'll do flowers next weekend! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend, I hope you will keep us updated on your gardening :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to know what you think of my post.I will do every effort to reply to your comment and to visit your blog. Thanks for caring and sharing