Sunday, 21 May 2017

Sunday fun

Dear blogger,
Thanks for dropping by.
It is the Victoria day long weekend in Toronto.
Sunday turned out to be another rain day. So, I just did relaxing with a lot of sleep. 
There was nothing planned for the whole day. 
I have all purpose flour. So, after some search on the internet, settled to make a bread in the bread machine. 
I have some gardening going on. The plants are still inside. I am not trusting the weather yet. 
I have tried growing spring onions . First we bought a bunch from the grocery shop. After cutting the tops, leaving lot of stem with the roots, I placed them in soil. 
So, far I was able to cut the leaves for two times. Watering them regularly and placing in sunny spot is very important for growing them.
The planter is actually a distilled water bottle. I just cut the top off . Since the onion plant love water, I didn't put any holes in the bottom. They are still growing. 
All my dental offices use distilled water for sterilizing. So, they are freely available. I am going to recycle more of them for my gardening projects. 
What you are up to?

2 comments:

  1. Your Spring Onions seem to be doing well and it sounds like a good idea to recycle old water bottles, fun and thrifty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I was going to grow some onions as we use a lot of them around here but never got around to it. I've been getting ready for my trip to VAncouver Island - I leave tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Love to know what you think of my post.I will do every effort to reply to your comment and to visit your blog. Thanks for caring and sharing