Thursday, 29 June 2017

Great to know

Dear visitor,
Thanks for dropping by.
If you are a regular reader, then you know that my day job is dental assisting. In my job, I work very close to the boss, dentist. You can say we are working to nose to nose. 
We work like a co-ordinated manner. The instruments and materials pass from assistant to dentist without a word. My suction tip will go into patient's mouth without the patient even realizing it. When a crown is being cemented, my finger will be pressing it down for the dentist to do flossing. I take great pride in not making the dentist to mention what is to be done.
No dentist ever told me I am doing a good work for them ever. It is also the magic of the dental assisting. It may be the backgrounds of the dentists I work with, or it may be just another crazy habit of the dentists... I don't know. 
So, think of it, you really received a complement from your boss: "You are doing a good job" 
Yes, it happened! 
You can imagine how it feels to me: Yes, I am over the moon!
A word of appreciation can really make us feel great. It really is a catalyst to provide better service.

Have you ever experience such uplifting experiences?




2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean - it feels so great to get a positive word now and then. Especially from the boss. Too bad it happens so rarely but to have your dentist compliment you must mean you are doing a super duper job!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to know what you think of my post.I will do every effort to reply to your comment and to visit your blog. Thanks for caring and sharing