Tuesday, 13 June 2017

Is there a Science in getting rich?

Dear reader,
thanks for dropping by.

Recently I saw this book at the library: "The science of Money,How to increase your income and become wealthy" by Brian Tracy. 

This book is very interesting to read. Money started as a convenient tool to get things and services from other people. So, money has a value. 

Mr. Tracy argues that whoever gives more valuable item or service is paid more. 

Some might argue it is not true. Think of the school teachers: you can be the best teacher, or a mediocre one. But, you both will get paid according to the seniority. 

 But, in most of the private sector jobs, the performance is rewarded. I can see it myself. In most of my career, I was not given a performance report. But, still I feel whenever I got an increase in payments, it was based on my hard work. An assistant who can really be one step ahead of the dentist is always appreciated. But, you will see that the receptionists are paid more than the assistants all the time. I cannot find a reason for that yet. May be they know how much money dentists are getting for each treatment. (you know, most dentists complain about the "Healthy smile program" and ODSP patients.)

When I look around, I see people who are rich are making some sort of unethical things. For example, look at Donald Trump: he did the hate speeches. He called other people names. But, he is enjoying the money and power. 

So, do the real acceptable values of honesty and  hard work are making you really rich?

What are your thoughts about accumulating wealth and hard work?


2 comments:

  1. In theory I expect that hard work will be rewarded but know that doesn't always happen. Before becoming a teacher I worked in a bank and had a yearly review where the amount of my raised was determined by how well I did on my review. That was a huge incentive to work hard - I'd much rather have an 8% raise than a 3% raise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! 8% raise is good to work for. When you receive that review, you will feel the success. Great!

      Delete

Love to know what you think of my post.I will do every effort to reply to your comment and to visit your blog. Thanks for caring and sharing