Tuesday, 4 July 2017

Canada Day, the Rubber duck etc.

Dear visitor,
thanks for dropping by.
It was supposed to be a 3 day weekend. But, I was doing my paid work on Monday.(not complaining though)
That didn't mean I was not having fun.  
Yes, we went to see the world's largest rubber Duck . Then stayed late to see the fireworks too. 
I was thinking of packing some food to eat.(I am frugal, right?)
But, my family was suggesting to have fun by eating from the food stalls there. 
The subway was crowded. It was packed with people. The rain didn't dampened the spirit. We walked from Union station to the Harbour. The food stalls there was very crowded. People were standing in lines to place their order. We ended up walking on the street and bought food from stall in the grocery shop. It was a sandwich on Pita bread. They had only large ones. The small ones were all sold out. Then there was no place to sit and eat. We just stood in a corner and ate. 
 Every one was happy and having a great time.Even the washrooms were having long waiting list.  First time I saw people ignoring the traffic lights and walking through the streets. Some divers got annoyed and horned. The polite Canadians didn't show any road rage. They just smiled, waved and passed. 
People have different opinions about the duck though. some thought it was a waste of money, some thought it was attractive. 
I heard a lot of languages being spoken. Saw all sorts of people. If it was in a South East Asian country, the girls in our group would have been groped by men of all ages. The women here are  carefree and less worried about being in a crowd.  
I got a few pictures of the fireworks @CN Tower.



While going back, the subway was much more crowded. We had TTC Day pass with us. I was thinking many people won't bother to put the tokens: but, I was wrong. Canadians did take the time to pay the fair to get in the subway. Oh, lord! the train was so crowded. Every one was trying to squeeze in to help the next one to get in the train. The love and kindness people show to one another is amazing. 
Yes, I am really proud to be a Canadian. I am sure you can understand and relate to it. How was your weekend?


2 comments:

  1. You saw the duck! We've heard alot about it :) We stayed home all day then went to a friends party for the evening and watched fireworks at Campbell River where they live. Traffic was terrible coming home (45 min drive) but worth it. I am not keen on crowds though so didn't bother with the parade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel uncomfortable in crowded places too. But, the energy in toronto was amazing.We usually take the bus and train to avoid driving on crowded streets.

      Delete

Love to know what you think of my post.I will do every effort to reply to your comment and to visit your blog. Thanks for caring and sharing