Thursday, 10 August 2017

Vermillion It is

I can't believe August is almost half way through.
I am frantically working to make each of our DIY RRSP accounts to have $25,000 each. I made that happen this week by adding more money . 
Now, RRSP 1 has some money to be invested. So, I bought Vermillion energy, VET on TSX. 
It will give a monthly dividend of $ 0.21 per share each month. With 56 shares,I can earn $11 per month. With the ex dividend date on July 28, I am not going to get any dividend this month though. 
But, from September onwards, I will start receiving more dividends. 
I was checking the dividend history. From 2004 onwards, the company was giving dividends. Actually they are giving out the same dividend from 2014 onwards. That is not a bad news. 
From the company website, I can see that it is a global company and is getting traded in NYSE also. 
With the limited number of shares, I will not be able to DRIP any of those dividends. 
Now, with $25,000 in the RRSP account, I will not be paying annual fee to the brokerage. That is a big savings of $100 per year.
Glad to reach that milestone before September this year. 
How you feel when you really achieved one goal ? How will you celebrate it? 


1 comment:

  1. You are so smart getting those monthly dividends! If I was younger that's what I would do too. I wasn't knowledgable about those things 40 years ago when I started working. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete

Love to know what you think of my post.I will do every effort to reply to your comment and to visit your blog. Thanks for caring and sharing